Hunter Education Instructor-Led Course
Instructor-led courses are considered the best option for students under 14 years of age and/or for individuals having minimal hunting experience.
- Students must be at least nine years of age to take this course.
- These 13 to 18 hour courses provide students with the highest level of interactive, hands-on training from experienced, certified, volunteer instructors.
- Course curriculum includes firearm safety and handling, hunter ethics, wildlife management and conservation, survival and regulations.
- Students must also attend a field exercise which includes a final examination, live-fire and safe firearm handling.
- Students will be evaluated on their class participation, exam score, field exercise participation and safety during the live-fire exercise.
- Students can register online or at a Fish and Game office
- Cost: $8.00 per student (online registration includes an additional convenience fee of $1.31)