The Myths and Truths About Guns And Gun Ownership
- Why Gun Bans Still Don't Work
- A gun in the home makes the home less safe.
- The Second Amendment to the Constitution does not protect an individual right to keep and bear arms.
- Allowing concealed carry will be like the wild west.
- It just went off by itself.
- The gun show "loophole" allows many criminals and terrorists to purchase guns.
- If guns were commonly used for defense we would hear about it on the news.
- The NRA opposes all "reasonable" gun regulations.
- "Gun control" laws prevent crime.
- The Brady Act's five-day waiting period and the "assault weapons" law have reduced crime.
- Since firearm accidents are a large and growing problem, we need laws mandating how people store their firearms.
- We should ban all firearms that have no legitimate, "sporting" purpose.
- Firearms manufacturers should be financially liable for the actions of criminals who misuse guns.
- Firearms are unsafe because they are not regulated under consumer protection laws.
- Studies show that gun laws make us safer.
- Hunting and the "gun culture" teach our kids to be violent.
- Foreign countries such as England and Japan have much less crime than the U.S. because of their stronger gun laws.
- There are too many gun dealers in the U.S.
Much of the information presented here has been adapted from the NRA web site.